Saturday, June 6, 2009

How can I make it up to you? How about some song and dance and Jane Lynch?


Holy 5+ days of no new blogs, Batman! Where have I been, what have I been doing? How could I leave you all like that? Shrug. I spent a few days down in Carbondale (Southern Illinois) with some friends (and the Sufis and the organic farmers) doing such exciting things as watching So You Think You Can Dance and Gone Baby Gone, eating at the Sufi-run, all vegetarian cafe and reading books with a too-smart-for-his-own-good, 2.5 year old, Shine, my honorary nephew. I even got Flora (Shine's mommy) to watch and fall in love with Glee!! In fact, it's my goal to get everyone to watch and love it, so I'm going to attempt to embed it here, in this very post. Also, I think I promised a post of Ana Fernandez pics and I shall deliver those shortly. Since there aren't many pictures of the Spanish cutey on teh interwebs, I've had to make a lot of my own screen caps from Cuestion de Sexo (which was sadly & suddenly cancelled!) so you'll have to bear with me.
Here is the preview/premiere episode of Glee. It starts full time in the fall with the director's cut of this fabulous episode. Jane Lynch rocks as the cheerleading coach. Jayma Mays as OCD teacher Emma Pillsbury is just so brilliantly adorable, you can't help but love her. And I'm now also in love with Lea Michele who plays the diva, Rachel Berry. Lea is 22 and has been performing on Broadway since she was 8. She is amazing. Everyone is amazing. All the kids do their own singing... Just watch it. How can you not love Rehab (Amy Winehouse) and Don't Stop Believing (Journey!) as performed by (high school) show choirs/glee clubs?!



Here are a few other videos. This first one is Lea Michele at Upright Cabaret singing Not While I'm Around from Sweeney Todd:


Here is another of Lea, this time singing A Little Fall of Rain from Les Miserables (with John Lloyd Young):


Here's the Glee Fall Preview #1:


...and Glee Fall Preview #2 (ohmygodImSOexcitedIcanthelpmyself):

No comments:

Post a Comment