Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Who's got two thumbs & is in need of an alternative lifestyle haircut?! This girl!

Well folks, it has happened. It is only June 30th and I am nearly $600 over the minimum donations needed for my walk (thanks to the triple matching done by the company of a family friend- she gave $250, her company gave $750) so all the hair has to go, not just a majority of the ponytail. I can't/won't go straight-razor-to-the-scalp-bald because I will look sick and gross & I will get even worse sunburn on my scalp than I already usually do, AND in a month, when the walk itself rolls around not only can I not afford to get a head sunburn, I also don't want to look like I just went through chemo like some of the survivors who also do the walk. That's just tacky and not fair to them. BUT I did say I would lose the hair. So I'm looking at super short crops/pixie cuts ala Laura Harris, Ruby Rose, Selma Blair, etc. just maybe a little shorter on top- input...?

Here's another Natalie Portman-


(Aussie Celesbian)Ruby Rose-





Laura Harris (this cut is probs 2 years old now)-






Selma Blair (maybe more even, shorter on top)-



2 comments:

  1. I vote for the 2nd Natalie Portman version. It's a good length and if your hair is thick enough you won't get burned too much.

    The rest are too long for me. I go looking for clippers if it ever gets that long. Mostly because my hair is thick and bugs the crap out of me.

    Congrats on making the goal! You rock :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the very short with the bangs. but that depends on if you like hair to be in your face. i like the look of it, but personally i'd always be gritting my teeth at brushing hair out of my eyes. but i think that'd look cute on you.

    ReplyDelete