Friday, November 27, 2009

Feelings Friday

I wrote you a note-
It's been over 5 years, and I wasn't even there, but it's still so hard this time of year. Especially when, like this year, your birthday falls on Thanksgiving Day. I'm sorry I haven't been to the cemetery lately. Since I no longer work across the street, I don't get out there very often. Do you have your holiday garland? I hope so. Happy 25th birthday! Can you believe you'd be a quarter century old already? That birthday was so hard for me, and my grandmother died shortly after. You probably would have had a much easier time with it, just happy to be 25, to be older. The girls are going to be 21 in February and Justin turned 19 this summer. I feel so old. And also so alone. That's not your fault, it's mostly mine, I guess. In fact, if things had worked out differently, and you were still here, I probably still wouldn't be able to even talk to or see the girls. Strange how the world works, isn't it? I don't understand most of the time. I wish things were more simple. I miss you always and love you so much. That part is simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment