Tuesday, April 7, 2009

What would you call it?


I have to name my construction 'painting' for class and I am at a loss for the right words or title. The whole idea was that the piece had to be completely design free and non-representational, everything had to be either painted over or part of a poured-on paint slurry. Colors were up to us, so I did mine in a rainbow pattern (yay). The background was originally just white but my instructor told me I had to paint it (yes, in between all the poured and painted bits) so I did it in black, white and greys to keep the rainbow and make it pop. I do get a musical feel from it, and not just from the cds- The yellow fabric stripes are reminiscent of a guitar neck as well. Any ideas? Help... (click to enlarge)

2 comments:

  1. I'm really bad at naming much of anything. Have tons of short stories that are catagorized as Untiled #1, Untitled #13, and so on.

    I do really like this piece, though. I'm a big fan of the textures. And I actually didn't even realized it was a rainbow (duh!) until you pointed it out. I just really liked how the colors popped and seamlessly seemed to work with one another.

    I do get music through this picture as well, probably because of the movement within the composition, and I see the cds as drums.

    I hope you find a good name for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the name Nonny.

    It's a slang I use for a nonentity and the word doesn't mean anything either- perfect

    BB

    X

    ReplyDelete