Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Who do you think you are, WyWatch?

This is a repost from my fabu friend Rebekah's (myspace) blog. She's one of our many brilliant straight allies and I love her so. Check her out under my just for fun links on the left there- Rebel's Advocate & Food Food Food! (Her hubby is pretty cool, too) :D
---------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, April 22, 2009- actual conversations

the work phone rings, it's a local number, i pick up and deliver my usual spiel, Public Health this is rebekah blah blah blah. i get this in return:

"hi there, do you have a moment to talk about the increasing problems of President Barack Obama?"

Me: "no, i don't have a moment actually."

Them: "Did you know our President supports the gay agenda and we at WyWatch blah blah..."

Me: cutting them off mid sentence. "I do too as a matter of fact support those evil homos. I'm an atheist, I'm not a Mormon, in fact I despise organized religion and the Christian right, I'm a libertarian, pro choice, pro gay marriage, legalize or decriminalize marijuana bleeding heart commie bastard liberal. Do you really want to this conversation to continue?"

Them: *audible gasp* Click, Dial Tone.

they say honesty is the best policy. i'm beginning to think whoever they are, they're totally right. as for me, i'm going to try and get this WyWatch group listed officially as a hate group. because that's what they are.

1 comment:

  1. i don't know who this rebekah chick is, but damn she is awesome. seriously. i bet she's hot too ...

    ;)

    ReplyDelete