Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Dramatix


How can there be so much drama if everyone claims to hate it? Mystery of the ages, I guess. But I'm not here to create drama. Just share a poem. It took some drama to get it back, but like Bill said, all's well that ends well. I wrote this poem for a girl over 2 years ago (because she asked me for a poem, and I was smitten) and then not too long after I got fed up with her crap and we parted ways. Then several months back I wrote a little FB note about how I regretted deleting the poem from my computer (and blogs) because it was a decent poem. It was just an observation about acting rashly when you're upset. And a little drama-creating birdy shared that note with said girl who in turn emailed me an 'apology' and blah blah blah. Whatevs. A couple days ago she finally emailed me a copy of the poem and I'm going to share it with all of you because it's pretty and I'm glad to have it back and I'm glad to have something nice to share, considering all the rain and all the crappiness I've experienced lately. (And drama-creating birdy doesn't read this, as far as I know, so I should be safe... No offense to the birdy. Some people create drama without trying/bad intentions.)


------------------------------------------------------------------


If I could write you a smile -
Flushed cheeks,
Rose red lips and
Dimples put to paper -
I would do it for you.

I would capture the springtime -
Green grass and sweet air,
Full trees and bubbling creeks,
Blue skies and hints of life -
In a jar for your bedside.

To see your eyes smile I would
Strike bugs from existence (the poor things),
Bring the beach to your doorstep,
Grow you fields of roses, white tipped with red,
And keep the gray cold of winter at bay.

I would be myself for you -
Write sappy poetry at your behest,
Admit shameful move loves,
And smile way too much -
Show you the essence of myself.


(ps- I took that picture at the lake recently. I'm going to post a series of 'walkinig by the lake' pictures soon because I do take a lot of nice pics down there, esp when I'm doing my training walks)

2 comments:

  1. elli,
    i found your blog after snooping (okay, stalking!) your FB account..i hope you don't mind that i check it out.

    i love this poem. how very sweet!

    ReplyDelete