Sunday, May 24, 2009

Share Your Tattoo

[I know this still isn't the post (er, posts) that I promised. But... oh well. Na na na na na. This is my blog and I'll do what I want ;)]

One of my 'tweeple' requested that her followers twitpic her their tattoo pics with the hashtag #ShareYourTattoo. But as we all know, I have 17 tattoos, and that would end up being like 14 tweets- that's just nuts! And since I'm taking a break from cleaning and painting to watch Food Network Challenge I thought I'd throw this post up with pictures of all my tattoos :D

My first tattoo- A blue Celtic crescent moon that I got when I was 17. It will be 10 years old this July! (Eric, Spider Tattooz):


These are my 2nd (Eric, Spider Tattooz) and 5th (Darrell, Spider Tattooz) tattoos. The green Celtic trinity knot was #2 and the word 'once' on the back of my neck was #5. I'm one word in the short story Skin by Shelley Jackson, a story she published through volunteers each getting one word tattooed on them. I'm the eleventh word:


Tattoo #3 is an Amy Brown fairy with the colors tweaked a little. The tattoo artist (Darrell, Spider Tattooz) and my friends found it to be very amusing that he had to add flesh tone to the fairy because I am so pale...


Tattoo #4 (Darrell, Spider Tattooz) is a bracelet of pink flowers, tribal art and an Emily Dickinson quote- dwell in possibility- from her only poem thought to be about her being a poet:


Tattoo #6 (Darrell, Spider Tattooz) is a cross of flames with the acronym G.R.A.C.E.- God's Riches at Christ's Expense. I added tattoo #14 (Robin, Metamorph Studios), the bottom portion, as a memorial to my brother Jeffrey, on the 4th anniversary of when he passed away. Tattoo #15 (Jerry, Tattoo Factory) is a little dude from explodingdog standing on the word 'nerd' in a fabulous font (that I can't remember the name of...):


Tattoo #7 (Darrell, Spider Tattooz) is a small asian elephant head. Elephants and asian (especially Indian) things are my favorite. This little guy could probably use a touchup:


My 8th (Derek, Tatu Tattoo) tattoo was my first 'large' piece. It's a dragon with the kanji for fire and water- my version of a yin yang:


Tattoo #9 (Casey, Tattoo Factory) is made up of rows of rainbow stars and tattoo #12 (Beth, Tattoo Factory) is/are the eyes of Buddha, so the combo of the 2, for me, is Pride and Compassion:


Tattoos #10 and #11 (Christopher, Tattoo Factory) go together. I got them both on my 25th birthday. They are both sanskrit/hindi in the devanagari script- Ahimsa (nonviolence) and Om (the natural sound of life and healing):



Tattoo #13 (Robin, Metamorph Studios) was my first truly large tattoo (dwarfing the dragon) and it still remains to be my largest piece. It's a beautiful, fairly traditional phoenix:



Tattoo #16 (Robin, Metamorph Studios) is artwork from Tegan and Sara's album The Con. The original artwork is by Emy Storey who is pretty well know for her T&S and Deathcab For Cutie artwork:


And finally, tattoo #17 (Robin, Metmorph Studios) is the large Ganesh and it is still in progress (color to come soonlyish):

1 comment: