Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Yippee, or And then there were 5 (almost 6!)

I'm taking a quick break from studying for part one of my lame graphic design final to bring you all this wonderful news. The governor of Maine has signed the same-sex marriage bill into law, stating he thought it was the right and fair thing to do! Yay! So here we are:

1- Massachusetts
2- Connecticut
3- California Iowa
4- Vermont
5- Maine!!
(6- New Hampshire? It's sitting on the govs desk...)

Maybe I should consider moving east...

ALSO! This wonderful collaboration video was made using Lily Allen's song Fuck You. It's for all the homophobes and haters out there. (Hat tip to Queers United!):

3 comments:

  1. The east has treated this midwest kid pretty well thus far.

    And I think you can add DC to list...sortaish. I believe they've passed a law saying they'll recognized marriages from other states.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, D.C. and New York recognize ssm's but I'm only counting states where it's legal ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i DEFINITELY think the east is the place to be. the least religious area of the country, legal same sex marriage, what's not to like? that's why i've got my eye on it!

    ReplyDelete